If you are missing one or multiple teeth, it’s time you looked into an effective restorative procedure called dental implants. If this is a new concept for you, let us explain: dental implants are tiny titanium roots that are surgically embedded into the jawbone, which later fuse with the bone during a process called osseointegration. After healing, replacement teeth are added on top for a remarkable finish. This a permanent solution that provides strength, longevity and whole-mouth revitalization to patients who are missing teeth.
Are dental implants safe?
Yes! Amazingly, titanium is not rejected by the body, but welcomed as part of the body. Osseointegration was first discovered by a Swedish scientist that used titanium during a study about how bone heals. In the study, the titanium was only supposed to act as a support, but ended up completely fusing with the bone instead.
What is involved in the dental implants process?
The process is completed in four steps over a period of a few months to allow for osseointegration to occur.
- Consultation: Dr. Erwin will first have a consultation with you to determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants, as well as if the implants will be compatible with your unique biochemistry. To support the implants, you will need enough bone and gum structure. Dr. Erwin will determine if you meet all the requirements before moving forward.
- Dental Implant Surgery: Dr. Erwin will perform a procedure in where the titanium implants are embedded into your jawbone by using a special drill. Once, embedded, your gums will be stitched up and you will go home for a recovery period.
- Osseointegration: During the recovery period which takes a few months, the implants will fuse with the jawbone and become like real tooth roots. The bone will actually grow around the implant, making for a fortified foundation for new replacement teeth.
- Addition of Replacement Teeth: After the titanium implants are completely fused with the jawbone, you will ready for your replacement teeth to be placed on top. These teeth will be custom-crafted to blend in with your smile. We will make sure to use a material biocompatible with you.
Dental implants are:
- Stable: They provide superior bite strength and stay in place, always.
- Convenient: You won’t have to take up a special hygiene routine other than your normal routine.
- Long-lasting: Dental implants can last a lifetime with good upkeep.
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Erwin in Glendale
Dental implants can restore your confidence, oral health, and ultimately bring more balance into your life. Ask Dr. Erwin if dental implants are compatible with your unique biochemistry. Schedule a consultation today.